Wednesday, March 5, 2008

The Crack Shack

Welcome to a pictorial reference of my first, and only Boston residence known as the "Crack Shack". Here we will reminisce the days past where my humble house became a haven for homeless raver kids, drug dealers, and undercover FBI.


Welcome to the "Crack Shack", where upon entering the Crack Shack mascot will greet you with a roar and a smoke of his bong.


A snap shot of the corner of my bedroom, which was directly adjacent to the 6th bedroom in the house, which occasionally housed our weird landlord who often woke me up at 6 am fucking his girlfriend. Nothing like waking up at 6 am on a Saturday by the groans and grunts of a middle-aged man seeping through the thin glass doors that separated our bedrooms. I couldn’t even escape it in the living room, where the chandelier rocked to-and-fro in time to what I’m sure was some earth-shaking love-making.



Meet Mystery Roomate #1 chillin on the porch; where many a blunt, bong and bowl was smoked, all while under the watchful eye of the FBI, who's white undercover pizza delivery van was parked across the street. Night after night, the white van would drive back and forth watching us and watching the video from the camera hidden in our neighbors tacky choice of outside decoration, a plastic lion.

One day, overcome with irritation from trying to convince my roommates we were being watched, I sought out hard evidence. Upon close inspection, the plastic lion had a large circular mouth with a glass reflection that looked eerily like the lens of a camera, the phone number on the van lead me only to a no such number voice recording. The FBI seemed to assume we were so hazed and brain dead from our drug use we would never think to investigate, either that they were just plain too stupid to use a real pizza place phone number.


Meet Jess, the only other girl of the house (the only other girl who paid rent in the house that is) I will always remember Jess with fond memories, she, who replaced my box of cookies after one of the free-loading raver kids ate all of mine, lied about it and tried to blame it on her.


And here we have roommate #3, "Orange Mike's" feet. I had a wonderful photo of him, smiling, happy from this day, that like my Victoria flier, is now MIA somewhere in the vortex of the universe or a UPS warehouse. Mike has already graced my blog and we will meet him again in future posts.


I'll start this description with roommate #5, Brandon. (I know I’m going backwards but I’m saving the best for last) Brandon hailed from Rochestar NY and we owe our beautiful crack shack all to him, who scouted out this gem of a property. I met Brandon at Victoria in Providence RI, where we quickly became one of those cute little raver couples. Though the romance didn’t last, our friendship did.

Last but not least, the man responsible for putting many people in jail, the Nark, who will remain nameless. He did provide many a joint and bunk e pill to the party, lets remember the good times.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why leave the Narc's name out? All should know about someone who rolls on others.

Snitches get stiches!

Jenna said...

You're reading my mind, my crazy psychic sister!! I just told John all about the infamous crack shack this morning via email. You are bringing back so many great memories and giving me so much to gush about.

Jenna said...

I'm glad you left his name out. It was so very long ago. I saw him years later at a party and he was practically in tears with apologies. I was trying to explain to him that I didn't see any of the old kids anymore and that he didn't have to apologize to me but there was no stopping him. I still have the shack dragon...can't bear to throw him out. I almost brought him to live with us in Albany but we have enough stuff. He keeps a watchful eye on Taft St now. And I recall sitting on the porch in the early morning half out of my tree waving to that stupid van. Good times!!

Brandon Seils said...

I completely stumbled upon this after connecting your (DJ Inanna) name with a character in a book I'm reading -- so I went to your site to see if was spelled the say way and happened to see this link on your nav labeled "Where were you in 92" -- I had to take a peek, knowing you from the days of yesteryear.

I was so pleasantly surprised to read about the crack shack! Upon reading it, and you making mention of each person, I was even more delighted by what you said me. Anyway. You have earned one more die-hard reader. Let me know if you're ever up in SF, I'd love to see you and catch up. Find me on FB, I friended you a wee bit earlier.